Can You Get Fraxel Laser During the Summer?

I have been told its better to get fraxel during the winter months, but was wondering if its possible to get it done during the summer. Does it make much difference risk wise? Also I am taking SSRI tablets does this make any difference or would I have to stop taking them prior to the laser?

Fraxel in the summer

+1

Fraxel can be performed any time of year as long as you avoid the sun which can cause hyperpigmentation.

Toronto Dermatologist

Yes!

+1

With proper sun protection, a Fraxel treatment can be performed at any time of the year. Your doctor should provide you with a detailed check-list for you to follow after each treatment, so that you get the optimum result.

Christine Glavey, MD (retired)
Alpharetta Dermatologic Surgeon

Proper sun protection is crucial with fraxel laser during the summer and year round.

+1

Fraxel laser can be utilized any time of year. It is always critical to maintain proper daily sun protection year-round.  If a Fraxel candidate spends a lot of time outdoors in the summer months, it may be advisable to treat with Fraxel during the non-summer months. However, as long as  excellent sun protection is applied and re-applied appropriately, Fraxel is safe and effective any time of year.

Amy Forman Taub, MD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

I actually perform a great deal of Fraxel CO2 laser resurfacing during the summer months.  One must always be aware of the sun and take extra precautions after laser resurfacing, which is why you may have heard that it’s best to be performed in the winter months.  Being in Florida, we perform laser resurfacing at all times of the year.

Jonathan Berman, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Fraxle during the Summer...

+1

Yes, you can have Fraxel treatments during the summer season.  You should always be cautious with sun exposure, wearing sunscreen daily and reapply when out for long periods of time.  Do not stop your SSRI's for this type of treatment.  There are no contraindications with Fraxel and SSRI's that I have every heard, or read about.

Good luck, hope this helps.

Dr. Grant Stevens 

Grant Stevens, MD

Fraxel during the summer

+1

Yes, of course, you can get the Fraxel treatment during the summer.  Just avoid sun exposure after treatment as much as possible.  I have not heard of an association with SSRI's.and I definitely recommend that you  continue to take them.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon