What Are the Possibilities to Increase Height to an Asian Nose?

Hey I got an Asian nose but I m not an Asian I really want to increase height to my nose plz respond

There are many options to increase the nose height.

+1

There are many different materials to use in increasing the height of nose bridge. These include synthetic materials, your own bones from different areas of the body, and your own cartilages from nose, ear and rib. They all have distinct advantages and disadvantages. The choice of the material to use is usually based on the severity and the surgeon's personal preference.

Although synthetic materials are well tolerated in Asians because of their thick skin, these are rarely recommended in patients with thin skin. Cartilage is a  preferred choice in these patients.

Increasing height of an Asian nose

+1

To increase height on the Asian nose there are 2 options available.  The first option is the patient’s own cartilage harvested from the nose to give a small augmentation.  All the incisions are placed on the inside of the nose.  If a large augmentation is desired, then a silicone implant is inserted along the bridge line. These are both done under general anesthesia as an outpatient procedure.

In Asian rhinoplasty, and dorsal augmentation rhinoplasty, a number of autologous and alloplastic options are available.

+1

Building the bridge (dorsal augmentation) as you mentioned is a common aspect of Asian rhinoplasty.  There are several options availabe, beginning with surgical vs. nonsurgical rhinoplasty with fillers.  In terms of surgery, the bridge can be built with alloplastic (synthetic) or autologous (your own tissue) grafts.  I think the best option is to use your own tissue, cartilage and/or fascia, to build your bridge.  This gives you the lowest risk of infection, no risk of extrusion or rejection, and will give you a permanent result. 

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Increasing the Height of the Nose

+1

For over 35 years I have always preferred to raise the nasal bridge with the patient's own cartilage to avoid the possible complications of implant movement, extrusion, or infection associated with nasal implants. I also use cartilage to increase tip projection when necessary.

+1

IMHO, non-surgical options which would basically be fillers to the nose are a poor second option.  Rhinoplasty with the addition of a dorsal graft (I prefer straight silastic grafts) would increase the dorsal height if this is an aesthetic issue with the nose.  The tip height may also need to be adjusted, as the dorsum is augmented, in order to maintain the proper nasal aesthetics.  Hope this helps.

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

You have a few options to increase the height of the nasal bridge including non-surgical and surgical methods.  Both have their pros and cons.  I prefer to use cartilage from within your own body to increase the height of the nose only because I have seen many complications from using implants.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can help you achieve the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Nasal Augmentation in Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

The best way to raise a bridge of any patient requesting a higher bridge is a custom carved silicone implant. I have done hundred of augmentation in ethnic rhinoplasty with great results and very little problems. See links below.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS