Can You Use the Obagi Nu-Derm Face System and Have Laser Hair Removel on the Face?

Obagi safe to use during laser hair treatment?

+1

If you are using the full system, I would recommend stopping the Retin A for a week prior and restart this a few days after treatment.   Retin A can impact healing and skin repair thus we always stop it prior to any aggressive laser treatment.   Laser hair removal can cause pigmentation due to the cooling products used during the treatment and also due to the heat created during treatment.  NuDerm will actually help you in recovery and minimize the risk of additional pigmentation.  

Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Obagi nu-derm during laser hair removal

+1

The Obagi nu-derm system is a terrific home system for treating a number of skin complaints, but most commonly hyperpigmentation and melasma. Because of the irritation potential of hydroquinone and the retinoid, I would stop using it 1 week before your laser hair removal treatment, and restart 1 week after your laser hair removal treatment.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Obagi treatments and Hair Laser Removal

+1

Hi, thanks for your question. For most laser treatments including hair removal, it is recommended that you stop the Obagi for a few days prior to the laser treatment. Obagi is actually a fantastic product to use in conjunction with laser facial and photo facials to improve the outcome. I would not recommend getting the facial hair reduction done if you are actively peeling from the retinoid product that is part of Obagi.

Take care!

Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

+1

You can, However, if you are using anyting with glycolic acid or retinoids, you should probably stop five days prior and wait 2-3 days after a treatment like laser hair removal.

Dr. malouf

Web reference: http://www.mytotalskincare.com

Dallas Dermatologist