Obagi Nu Derm for Acne Scars?

My skin has acne scars. Can Obagi Nu Derm system remove them? I do not have acne now but have scars for a long time. I am 39 years and would like to know about the treatment other than blue peel. Thanks.

Fraxel or Sciton laser works the best for acne scars.

+1
To improve the appearance of acne scars laser resurfacing will be your best option. The Nuderm system by Obagi is great to use as every day skin care for maintenance. We normally recommend 3-5 fraxel treatments for the best results. To prepare for the laser most of our patients use #3Clear or 4% hydroquinone for a couple of weeks before the treatment and after the treatment to help lighten the skin faster. The combination of fraxel and the Nuderm system will be the most effective on treating acne scars.

Web reference: http://drturowski.com/category/medical-spa-chicago

Acne scars and fine lines

+1

Obagi Nu derm is a great product for treating skin discolorations and fine lines.   It really will not help acne scarring.  Ablative lasers like CO2 or Erbium that can burn off skin layers are best.

No Help

+1

To correct or help acne scars you would need a treatment that would do more than just improve the epidermis. Even the Blue peel is limited in what it can do.

The gold standard for acne scarring remains laser re-surfacing using the CO2 laser. The Fraxel Repair and its me-too devices, while not quite as effective add a measure of safety.

Unfortunately, creams are not the answer to acne scars.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist