What is the Fee for an Alar Cinch Suture is It a Minor Surgical Procedure, is It Reversible?

I had a small premaxillary silicone implant for only 3 weeks, removed over 3.5 months ago, my nose has changed, it is wider at the base with flaring nostrils. I am looking into procedures to help rectify this change.

Alar Cinch suture questions

+1

Simple alar cinch is a minor procedure that can be performed under local anesthesia.  The price of a alar cinch is variable and may range from $1000 up depending on the amount of work that needs to be done.  Whether this is the right procure for you is another question that cannot be answered without pics.  Finally, please consult a surgeon experienced in complex revision rhinoplasty because this can go way wrong if not done properly with respect to aesthetics and looking natural.

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fee for Alar Cinch Suture Placement

+1

Fees vary depending upon your location and the expertise of your surgeon. However, wait another 6 months to see the final result following short term placement of the silicone graft. Alar base narrowing with Weir excisions or placement of an alar cinch are two techniques used depending on the specific needs of each patient.

+1

I'd have to see a base photo, of your nose, to see how much needs to be done and no, this isn't reversible.  Skin is ellisped out of both nasal sills and then a permenent suture is passed between these to cinch the nasal base.  Even if the suture were to be cut, the skin has already been excised.  Be sure your Rhinoplasty Surgeon understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose.  

Alar cinch stitch

+1

The fees for alar cinch or alar base surgery will vary from surgeon to surgeon. You should go for a consultation to be evaluated.

Silicone implant

+1

There are no standard fees for surgical procedures. Usually the higher the expertise the more expensive. As far as options for your problem, it is very hard to comment without photos.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon