I Had a Rhinoplasty and Am Not Satisfied with It and Now Want a Revision Rhinoplasty. What's Your Professional Opinion?

I still think my nose is unattractive and imperfect. What do you think of my nose? Please be honest.

Rhinoplasty result

+1

Just from the photos the nose looks fine, it all depends upon what you were going for.  Mens' nasal dorsums should not be overdone, then they look too feminine.

Strong bridges make nose attractive

+1

In general your nose looks good.  You may consider making your nasal bridge a little stronger, placing a little dermafiller.  On the profile view there is a very small concavity in the middle of your nose.  Filling this indentation may improve the shape and appearance.  You and your surgeon may try a little salt water test injection to see how you like it.  You should allow enough time for healing, at least 3 months prior to using fillers.

Often a good surgical rhinoplasty result can be improved with just a little filler to smooth the edges.

Good luck in your search for information.

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

What do I need for my nose?

+1

You have a great result and an appealing face. If you are dwelling on this result and your overall facial appearance as imperfect and unattractive then I would strongly recommend you seek some counseling, especially before seeking additional surgery.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Opinion Regarding Possible Rhinoplasty Revision Surgery

+1

I would agree with the other surgeons here. Honestly, you have what appears to be a very natural looking nose that does not jump out at you with any real obvious abnormalities (minus the columella issue noted previously that is not significant overall). I would have to say that you are simply being unrealistic in your expectations. The hint being you commented on being 'imperfect' - which is always going to be the case in rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty despite our best efforts at achieving this type of result. My suggestion is to leave it alone. Move on.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

You appear to have a nice result after Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

I read your concern, and it's not clear what's bothering you about your nose. Your bridge is straight, and your tip looks fine. You have a bit of excessive nostril show on profile, but you should only address this if it's concerning to you.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Not Satisfied Following Rhinoplasty

+1

You state that you're not satisfied, but what is it that you don't like about the results of your rhinoplasty ? I have done a large number of rhinoplasty revisions over the last 35 years, but in noses like yours where there is no obvious problem i am always concerned about the patient's expectations.. The only thing I see is a slight hanging of the columella, but elevating the columella would not make any significant change in your appearance. 

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

You don't want to hear this, but your results look great. No further surgery should be done. It is not at all uncommon in this particular procedure, ie rhinooplasty, for patients to contine to pursue more and more surgeries for what are probably non-anatomical reasons. When a surgeon agrees to keep after some unattainable goal you get a totally destroyed nose as seen in a famous family of singers.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Nick,

Is this a trick question?? Honestly, it almost seems like your surgeon posted the question him/herself. What did your nose look like before and what exactly are you not happy with??

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Nose looks good.

+1

I think that you have a pretty nice result. I wouldn't recommend a revision for you based on what I see in the pictures. Take care.

Michael M. Kim, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Leave your nose alone

+1

By anybody's criteria, you have an excellent result and a very nice nose.  There is really nothing at all wrong with your result that would warrant a revision.  In fact, a revision could ruin what is currently a nice result.  You need to be kinder to yourself please.  You asked for honesty...

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS