Could You Tell Me the Difference Between Fractora Skin Resurfacing and Fraxel Laser?

I am a 48 year old woman with sun damage and wrinkles on my forehead and around my eyes. I have had 3 Fraxel treatments, but really didn't see any change. Would the Fractora Skin Resurfacing work better for me?

Fractora uses an applicator is invasive pins that discharge radiofrequency energy. Fraxel Lasers use fractional laser light.

+1

The Fractora is very different from the Fraxel lasers.  Fractora uses radiofrequency energy delivered through a hand piece with and array of pins about 1mm +/- long that are inserted into the skin and then discharge radiofrequency energy to melt small dots of skin and stimulate improvement in skin texture, wrinkles and scars.  There are three Fraxel Lasers:  Fraxel re:pair - an ablative fractional carbon dioxide laser,  Fraxel 1550 ,a non ablative fractional laser and Fraxel 1927 Thulium laser that is superficially ablative.  These devices are used in very different ways.  See an expert for recommendation for your treatment.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser, radiofrequency

+1

Without a picture, it's hard to make specific recommendations.  The Fractora system is radiofrequency-not laser.  I would think that that is not going to give you the results you're looking for.  Botox into the forehead would help a lot with the wrinkles.  You could continue with more Fraxel laser treatments because the effects are cumulative or you could switch to an ablative fractionated laser treatment such as Pearl Fractional laser.  This will give you much better results in one treatment than the Fraxel but you would have approximately one week of down time.  I hope this helps.  Good luck.

Peter J. Jenkin, MD, FAAD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon