Fractora on Eye Area - 5 Months on Skin is Loose and Wrinkled

I had Fractora done around eyes 5 months ago. As soon as swelling went down I noticed skin in eye socket area was a lot looser. Now all skin that was treated seems to have lost elasticity - my skin was quite good before now it looks 10 years older, and not in a natural way. My surgeon told me that this was a normal part of healing process, that collagen gets destroyed and remodelled so it may be worse before it got better. He suggests using SmartXide to speed up healing. Is any of that right?

Fractora Around Eye Area

+1

I have not had anyone have this type of response to Fractora. The skin will appear red and there can be some swelling post procedure for a bit depending upon how high the settings were. But no one should be losing collagen after the procedure. It takes about a month for your body to rebuild new collagen, but there isn't destruction of the original collagen. If you were only treated around the eye area there should not be any other changes to the rest of the face either. Is it possible that you had filler or something else in those areas and didn't maintain those after the Fractora? I just have not seen anything like this from Fractora and would say it's not something any of my colleagues or FDA studies had reported either.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Hello

+1

The procedure that will give you the best and longer lasting results would be the blepharoplasty (eyelid lift). You do have other options but it all depends on what kind of results you are looking for.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS