What is the Cost for Keloid Removal on the Earlobe? (photo)

When I was young, I wore big hoop earrings that were to heavy and ended up splitting my earlobe. I went and got another piercing in the same split earlobe which did okay but I ended up splitting that hole as well I guess from sleeping in my earrings and snagging on my clothes. 8 years later I developed a keloid. I was told during a consult w/plastic surgeon that pregnancy hormones could've triggered the growth. I want to get it removed but I need to know how much to set aside for the surgery.

Cost of earlobe keloid surgery

+1

This is a very significant keloid with a high likelihood of recurrence but, because of the aesthetics, I can understand why you'd want to have surgery.  Understand that it is absolutely essential for you to followup with compression earrings diligently and that you may need steroid injections as well.  Radiotherapists are no longer following surgery with a series of x-ray treatments based on the recommendation of their board.  I would estimate that removal of this keloid would be $1000 but fees will vary based on geographic location and the individual surgeon.  Best wishes.

Earlobe keloid treatment

+1

Earlobe keloids can be surgically excised to remove the keloid.  In most cases, there remains a chance for recurrence of the keloids, which requires longterm follow up. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Keloid

+1

I have treated thousands of these in my career with excellent results. This keloid needs to be excised and the ear needs to be reconstructed. You will also need adjuvant treatment

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Ear keloids

+1

Ear keloids have a very high incidence of recurrence. There are many different ways that are attempted to treat this problem with very high recurrence rates.  Good luck.

Keloid earlobe

+1

Thank you for the question and the photo. Removal of the keloid include combination therapy; Surgery, steroid and possibly radiation therapy. Even with all that recurrence can happen. The recurrence rate is lowest with surgery and radiation therapy. The cost of surgery depends on your location. you need to see a board certified plastic surgeon to address your concern and get an estimate for the procedure. Best wishes.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Ear Keloid Excision?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.
You have a keloid of the earlobe present. Excision of the keloid does carry the risk of recurrence. There are a variety of modalities of treatment after excision that may be helpful in preventing recurrence of the keloid. These modalities may include pressure, use of injected steroids, and/or radiation therapy.
I would suggest in-person consultation with well experienced plastic surgeons in your area.

Cost of the procedure(s) will depend on exactly what course of treatment is decided upon.

Earlobe Keloid Removal

+1

The earlobe keloid can be addressed.  However, removal itself will not always fix the problem as the keloid can recur.  You will likely need a combination of removal and postoperative steroid injections.  I would advise you to consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD