What is the Best Compression Garment to Wear After Underarm Liposuction?

I just had underarm liposuction and my Dr said everything went well now we just have to wait for the results. I already purchased two compression garments that have short sleeves and can close over my bra. I want to make sure I am using the absolute best compression garment as I definitely want the results to be great.

Compression Garments after Underarm Liposuction

+1

Compression garments should be worn snugly covering all areas of liposuction.  The areas of liposuction should be inspected to ensure no fluid collections and that the areas are smooth.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Compression Garments for Liposuction

+1

Most experienced Lipo surgeons will have their "favorite" compression garments. There are many brands. Most important, is that it fits tightly (not painful), and does not crease in the area that you had liposuction. You want the skin and tissues to "stick" down smoothly to the underlying fascia. This means good posture and mental awareness of how you hold your body for about 6 weeks after lipo.

We put our patients in a compression garment right after surgery, and have them wear them 24 hours a day (except to wash) for 2 weeks. At the end of 2 weeks, I have our patients wear their garment "as much as possible" for 4 to 6 weeks total. Most of our patients end up liking to wear them.

We typically use Veronique (brand), but, like I said, there are other great companies too.

Jennifer Reichel, MD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

Compression garments

+1

Congratulations on your surgery! Compression garments should feel snug, but not too tight when fastened.  You want the compression to be as even as possible over the surgical area.  All seams should be on the outside part of the garment, not inside.  Good luck!

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon