Does the Candela GentleYAG Laser Work on Blonde Hair?

I am thinking about getting the hair on my legs removed. I believe I am a type 3. My hair is blonde, but not light blonde. Will the Candela GentleYAG Laser work on me?

Does hair laser work on blonde hair?

+1

Hair lasers target melanin which is the pigment found in dark hair.  Blonde or gray hair respond minimally if at all to any of the widely used hair lasers.

Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

Candela GentleYAG Laser for Blonde Hair

+1

Hi Caroline,

Laser Hair Removal works by targeting the pigment in the hair follicle.  During treatment with the Candela GentleYag laser, heat is absorbed by the pigment in the hair follicle which destroys the cells lining the hair follicle.  This results in long term reduction in the number of hairs re-growing in the treated area after a number of treatment sessions.  Since white, blonde, or gray hair lacks pigment in the hair follicle, the GentleYag will NOT treat white, blonde, or gray hair.

Orange County Dermatologist

Candela Laser for Blonde Hair

+1

The short answer is no.  Laser hair removal works best on dark hair.  If yours is dark blonde you may get some results, but you may not get the results you desire.  

Beverly Hills Dermatologist