How to Get Rid of Warm and Itchy Red Bumps Days After Laser Hair Removal? (photo)

Hi, I had my 1st laser hair removal session on my lower legs. The photo shows what it looks like today (4 days after my session). My legs have red bumps & are very warm compared to the rest of my body. I have tried applying ice packs to cool it, vaseline, and cortizone cream over the past few days. No hairs have fallen out and it seems like I'm getting a lot of ingrown hair (I shaved the day before my session). My doctor recommended to be patient... please advise! Thank you.

Redness after laser hair removal

+1

Thanks for your question -

It is difficult to know exactly what will happen because I don't know what type of laser was used or the setting that were applied.

Redness can certainly appear after laser treatments.  In our San Francisco area we rely on careful laser calibration, test spots and hydrocortisone as well as carefully trained personnel to minimize possible complications.

Time may improve these spots.  Most redness resolves in the first 48 hours.  Redness that is more persistent should be followed carefully by your plastic surgeon.

I hope this helps!