Bruising and Swelling After Teosyal Lip Injection

I recently had Teosyal injected into my top lip to fix the scarring that made my top lip uneven (because of an accident years ago). My doctor warned that it may not work as expected because of the scar. He was quite surprised that my lips bled so much and the side opposite the scar ballooned and turned very dark. I'm icing it, but I'm worried about going back to work because of my very fat lip and bruising. Are there any topical treatments to help with the bruising and swelling?

Bruising and swelling are common side effect of injections.

+1
Bruising and swelling are common side effect of injections. Applying cold compresses 10 mins off 10 mins on and avoiding aspirin products will help decrease bruising.

In addition, you can apply traumeel cream to increase healing time or take arnica montana tablet.

Bruising should subside within 2 weeks.