I Have Done Tca Peel 5 Sessions 3 More Are Remaining I Didnt See Much Improvement Shall I Go in for Fraxel Laser is It Safe

Fraxel is amazing and can provide more effective results depending on your skin type

+1
In general, Fraxel laser can provide a lot of improvement with just a single treatment.  That is why I am such a huge fan of Fraxel.  That being said, I still have excellent results with traditional chemical peels.  The choice really depends on your skin type, texture, and problem area.  If you seek out an experienced dermatologist who performs cosmetic procedures they can best evaluate your particular skin type and make a treatment plan.

Tca chemical peel vs. fraxel laser

+1

It depends on what you're trying to accomplish. If the texture needs improvement then your answer is a good precursor of what to see occur later. A chemical peel may provide excellent benefit. Fraxel Restotre may go deeper than a medium peel. See an experienced resurfacing expert.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Chemical Peel for Skin Resurfacing

+1

Chemical peels are generally a very reliable method of resurfacing the skin and improving the tone and texture. However, the key is to pair the right peel with the level of resurfacing that you need. In other words, if you have significant sun damage and deep wrinkles, using  a series of superficial peels will never result in any meaningful change.  However, if you are in your 30s or early 40s and have mild to moderate sun damage and skin aging, a series of the appropriate chemical peel can be just what you need.   So, make sure you evaluate this and speak to the dermatologist or plastic surgeon involved in your care.  You may need a medium depth chemical peel (35% TCA) or deeper laser peel. 

Good Luck, 

Dr. Karam

Amir M. Karam, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

TCA peels

+1

You say that you have had 5 TCA peels with little result.  Clearly these are not being done by a physician.  These are probably low concentration TCA.  The 35% TCA gets dramatic results but is a medium depth peel with significant peeling.   So by all means if you have 3 treatments left and want more dramatic results you need to discuss with your DOCTOR what would be the next best treatment for you.  More aggressive TCA v Fraxel v other resurfacing lasers.  Please note that Fraxel is a brand name and under that name there are at least 3 different types of Fraxel lasers all with a subname like "repair"  , "restore" etc .  They are not created equal, do not have same results, do not have same downtime, do not have same risks... SO do your research and speak with your doctor and please be sure they are skin experts .

Shawn Allen, MD
Boulder Dermatologist