After Procedure Care for 25% TCA Peel?

What do I need to do as part of post-procedure care after a 25% TCA Peel? Do I need to stay out of the sun?

TCA Peel After Care

+1

Skin care following a Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA) peel can affect your final result therefore following the instructions of your provider is extremely important.In our San Francisco Bay Area practice we advise all patients to protect post-peel skin from the sun by wearing SPF +50 and a hat as well as avoiding sun exposure as much as possible. Excessive rubbing or peeling off of the skin is highly discouraged as doing so can lead to permanent scarring and/or discoloration of the skin.  In addition, our patients are carefully counseled on appropriate skin cleanser and moisturizer application after each peel.

Chemical Peels post-procedure

+1

The post treatment phase of a chemical peel is probably the most important part of the treatment. In the early days it is important to keep the skin covered and moist. I put patients on aquaphor. Starting day 2, I have patients wash their face with a dilute white vinegar solution several times per day. Once the peeling is mostly completed, patients will then switch to a gentle cleanser and moisturizer until the healing is done. It is also very important to stay out of the sun.

Good luck!

Amir M. Karam, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon