At Home TCA Peel 50% Safe?

Is it safe to give myself a 50% TCA peel? What sort of risks are there with this type of at home peel?

Don't try this at home

+2

A 50% TCA peel is a relatively strong chemical peel, far more powerful than anything you should do at home. I don't even know how you could gain access to this as it should only be performed by a qualified doctor in an office seeting.

Do not use TCA at home

+1
Do not make the mistake of doing an at home TCA peel. You may be left with significant permanent scarring. This is a dangerous topical agent that is available over the internet. It is not appropriate or safe for at home treatments at any strength.

TCA Peel at home

+1

I do not recommend that TCA peels be done at home. I believe TCA peels should be done only be performed by an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

This is a very deep peel

+1

TCA in general is a medium depth peel when used in average concentrations. When TCA 50% is used, it would mimic a deep peel.

All medium and deep depth peels should be done under the supervision of a physician to avoid the side effects. The side effects would vary from hypopigmentaation to a full thickness skin burn with resulting scar formation.

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Don't do TCA peel at home!

+1

This is a very strong peel and I would highly advise that you do not perform this peel at home.

It may seem decepetively simple to do but there are many potentially disaster scenarios that could result and I don't even want to guess what could happen.

This is a high potency peel that if applied to thinner skin, could result in a full thickess injury with the prospect of permanent scarring.