Self-tanning Lotion Safe After Fraxel Repair?

I am considering having the Fraxel Repair. I understand that staying out of the sun and wearing protective sunscreen will be very important after the treatment. Can I use a "self-tanning" lotion at some point? How long should I wait to use after having the procedure? I would just like a little color on my face.

Safe to use self-tanners after Fraxel treatments

+1

You will want to avoid using anything other than the prescribed moisturizers on your skin for at least 1-2 weeks after fraxel repair treatments. The goal is to have the outer layer of skin regrow before applying anything that might aggravate the skin before the outer layer is healed.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Self-tanning lotion safe after Fraxel Repair?

+1

Hi lin,

Once your skin has recovered from your Fraxel repair treatment you can use self tanner.  You most likely will not need to use anything for a few months as Fraxel repair leaves you skin with a bit of color that fades naturally over months.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

After Fraxel re:pair, avoid self tanner for at least a few weeks

+1

After having laser resurfacing, particularly the Fraxel re:pair, your skin will be much more sensitive to topical creams. Even if you tolerated a topical before the procedure very well, you can still have a reaction after the procedure. I'd wait about 3 weeks and at that point, apply to a small area before spreading over the entire face.

Steven F. Weiner, MD