Fraxel Repair for Jowls and Neck Tightening?

I think that the best thing for a 56 yr old with sun damage, some wrinkling, some neck creases, tiny jowls is Fraxel Repair. I'm not ready for a Facelift but I really need to do something about the neck and jowls area.

I've got no eye drooping or bags, thanks to an endo Browlift in 2004. There are nothing but horror stories about browlifts on Realself; so I'm hoping that the horrors for Fraxel are also exaggerated. The truth is that people happy with their procedures probably aren't on-line! What do you think?

Fraxel repair for Tightening Jowls and Neck Laxity

+2

Hi Grace,

Fraxel repair is an alternative for patients like yourself who do not wish to undergo surgery, but who desire facial and neck rejuvenation. It is not going to tighten your neck and jowls as much as a neck/face lift would.

With the degree of laxity in your neck, you should count on having two Fraxel repair procedures separated by about 6 months.

Choosing your treating physician is most important.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Ultherapy to tighten the neck and face - Los Angeles

+1

I would prefer to use the Ulthera procedure to tighten the neckline and facial areas. Ultherapy uses microfocused ultrasound. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Fraxel Repair produce great results overall but minimal change in jowls

+1

Grace,

We get great overall results for the Fraxel Repair. It will make your skin look much younger and fresher. It will improve the color and texture of your skin. However, if you are doing it to improve jowls and tighten your neck you will most likely be disappointed.

Non-Surgical improvement of jowls does not work very well for most people. Some people will see improvement in jowls with non-surgical treatments. I think it is critical that you seek the services of a highly trained and skilled physician. Good Luck!

Jerome Potozkin, MD
Danville Dermatologic Surgeon