Tailbone is Painful and Can Be Seen when I Bend Over - Can This Be Fixed?

My tailbone when I bend over sticks out. You can see it and feel it like a hard nub. It reminds me of a manx cat. I can't wear anything revealing of that area. Forget a bathing suit or bikini. It also hurts when I sit down for too long on it. I have to constantly shift position. Laying down can hurt too. I am 26 and I am short 5'2'' and 115 lbs. I do not remember ever injuring my tailbone, it has been like this for quite some time. Since loosing weight it has became much more painful.

Unusually prominent tail bone.

+1

I would agree with Dr.'s Aldea assesment. This will require imaging to confirm that it is bone and not a cyst or other vestigial process or mass. However, it would likely be excised by a neuro or orthopedic surgeon.

Correcting Painful Tailbone

+1

Regarding: "Tailbone is Painful and Can Be Seen when I Bend Over - Can This Be Fixed?   My tailbone when I bend over sticks out. You can see it and feel it like a hard nub. It reminds me of a manx cat. I can't wear anything revealing of that area. Forget a bathing suit or bikini. It also hurts when I sit down for too long on it. I have to constantly shift position. Laying down can hurt too. I am 26 and I am short 5'2'' and 115 lbs. I do not remember ever injuring my tailbone, it has been like this for quite some time. Since loosing weight it has became much more painful."

A prominent, painful tail bone can be surgically removed with alleviation of these symptoms. This operation is not commonly done by Plastic surgeons but can be done by Back surgeons (Neurosurgeons or Orthopedic surgeons).

Dr. Peter Aldea