Which System is Better for Hair Removal the Cynosure Apogel Elite or the Palomar Starlux 500?

Cynosure apogee Elite or Palomar Starlux 500

+1

At my practice we successfully use the Cynosure Apogee Elite 1064nm (Nd:YAG) and the Lumenis LightSheer 810nm (Diode) laser. Depending on skin type, individual tolerance, hair color and density patients should expect to receive 6-8 treatments for permanent hair reduction. 

In my practice, patient satisfaction is high with our Palomar StarLux for permanent hair removal.

+1

I do not have any personal experience with the Cynosure product. If you have light skin and dark, coarse hair, you would likely get a favorable response with either unit provided your doctor is skilled at the art of laser / IPL hair removal. With the StarLux, most patients may require 6 treatments to achieve between 75-90% permanent hair reduction.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon