Switching from Braces to Invisalign Possible?

I have metal Braces and was wondering If I could switch to Invisalign? I have a pretty bad overbite and I also had a Palate Expander and so now my upper teeth don't bite down right on the bottom. Now my bite is not right either. So will I have to finish my treatment with metal braces or if I can switch will Invisalign work to fix my bite?

Switching to Invisalign

+1

Switching from traditional braces to Invisalign is possible, however the cost associated with removing the braces and ordering Invisalign aligners is just not practical.

Toronto Cosmetic Dentist

Switch from braces to Invisalign after palate expansion is done

+1

Once all the difficult expansion is done then you could possibly switch to invisalign to do the last stages of straightening. It will cost more money to start over with invisalign but nobody likes metal brackets anymore.

Dr Thomas

Michael J. Thomas, DDS
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Switching from brackets to Invisalign is possible, but expensive

+1

Ask your dentist or orthodontist what they think, as you might find that your case is too complex to change.

Usually there is NOT a credit from one system to the other, so you will effectively be paying twice for the same service (you are switching from one tool to another, but the same process, which is orthodontics).

If money is no object and your case is not too complex, there should be no problem switching.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Stay with metal braces

+1

It seems from what you are describing that it is best to finish your treatment with metal braces as they are going to be the most effective way to improve your bite.

Gabriela Hricko, DDS
New York Orthodontist