Is this swelling or hanging columella, 9 months post Rhinoplasty? (photos)

I had rhinoplasty 9 months ago, and I'm not happy with the result so far. My tip is still hard. I think I have a hanging columella. could it be that the tip is still swollen and causes the columella to hang low at 9 months post op? or will I need a revision? thank you.

Rhinoplasty healing

It is difficult to advise with current photos, most likely you are still experiencing swelling but contact your surgeon and discuss your concerns with your rhinoplasty.

9339 Genesse Avenue
San Diego, CA 92121-2119

Hanging columella after rhinoplasty

Actually from the photos we really cannot tell how the columella looks in relation to the tip. If you are unhappy you should discuss concerns and possible changes woth your surgeon.

8901 West Golf Road
Des Plaines, IL 60016

Swelling vs. deformity

At 9 months post surgery, most of your swelling should be gone, although you are not completely done healing.  You do not provide a side view but it does appear that the are immediately beneath the tip, the infratip lobule, may be protruding a bit much.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

1232 Johnson Ferry Road
Marietta, GA 30068

Thank you for the photos but there are not enough views to really determine what is going on and what your aesthetic concerns are. I would bring it to the attention of your surgeon though and get his opinion. Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

400 West Central Ave
Brea, CA 92821