Is this swelling or hanging columella, 9 months post Rhinoplasty? (photos)

I had rhinoplasty 9 months ago, and I'm not happy with the result so far. My tip is still hard. I think I have a hanging columella. could it be that the tip is still swollen and causes the columella to hang low at 9 months post op? or will I need a revision? thank you.

Rhinoplasty healing

+1

It is difficult to advise with current photos, most likely you are still experiencing swelling but contact your surgeon and discuss your concerns with your rhinoplasty.

Hanging Columella

+1

Thank you for your question and photos. At 9 months postop, it is still possible to still have swelling of the tip of the nose.  This and the normal postoperative sensory changes are probably contributing to the feeling of hardness at the tip.  The hanging columella issue is much more difficult to address based on your photos.  A hanging columella can be better assessed in the oblique or lateral view.  Discuss this matter further with your surgeon. Best wishes. 

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Hanging columella after rhinoplasty

+1
Actually from the photos we really cannot tell how the columella looks in relation to the tip. If you are unhappy you should discuss concerns and possible changes woth your surgeon.

Swelling vs. deformity

+1

At 9 months post surgery, most of your swelling should be gone, although you are not completely done healing.  You do not provide a side view but it does appear that the are immediately beneath the tip, the infratip lobule, may be protruding a bit much.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Columella

+1
Thank you for the photos but there are not enough views to really determine what is going on and what your aesthetic concerns are. I would bring it to the attention of your surgeon though and get his opinion. Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon