How Much Will Swelling Continue to Go Down 5 Weeks After Revision Rhinoplasty?

I had secondary Rhinoplasty 5 weeks ago and my tip and lower 40% of nose is still VERY swollen. My surgery took over three hours and my surgeon had to use ear cartilage and fascia to rebuild a pinched tip so I know that the surgery was pretty major. Most people who don't know I had surgery would not neccessarily notice the swelling unless I point it out but once I do it is definitely noticable. The shape itself looks pretty good but I am far from satisfied with it unless it still goes down a lot. Is this normal?

5 weeks post revision

Five weeks post surgery is still very early for you to judge the results of your surgery and you wait about one year before assessing the shape and size - even longer with revisions

Swelling 5 Weeks after Revision Rhinoplasty

Swelling in the lower 40% of the nose is always more severe and takes longer to resolve after all rhinoplasties, whether primary or revision. If others don't notice the swelling and the shape already looks good, you are healing faster than most people. In the history of rhinoplasty surgery ,nobody has ever seen the final result 5 weeks after the operation. Ultimately you will be satisfied.

Nasal swelling

You have a long way to go. Swelling of the nose can take up to a year to subside after a rhinoplasty. Take a deep breath and give it some time.  It will get better.

Swelling after revision rhinoplasty

Yes it is.  I recently had to revise a nose of a staff and they remained swollen for a longer period of time than I expected.  The dorsum and sidewalls will decrease first.  The tip will remain swollen for a much longer period time. It may range from as little as 6 to as long as 18 months.

It sounds from your description that you had a good surgeon and good result. Swelling may last up to one year after secondary rhinoplasty. Be patient