Non-Surgical Nose Job At 16, too Young?

Hi. I will be turning 16 in a few months. I've really put a lot of thought into this & I think I really want a non-surgical nose job. I've heard about it & it sounds great! I am planning on using the Artefill filler. I want permanent results. Also, I have an Aquiline ("hooked") nose. I want to remove the nose bump. Do you recommend that I get my non-surgical nose job now? Will it affect my facial growth, since I'm supposedly still growing? Or, should I wait until I'm 18? I really want it now.

Non-surgical rhinoplasty at 16 years old... Is Artefill OK?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Non-surgical rhinoplasty (nose job) at 16 years old is fine, as long as your parent(s) are on board and you do not use any material that is permanent.  I have a fair experience with Artefill, but would never use it in the nose.  I prefer hyaluronic acid fillers (Restylane is my favorite) because they are easy to place very precisely and if they go into the wrong place they can be dissolved with hyaluronidase.  These tend to last at least one year in the nose... long enough for you to decide whether you want the real thing... Rhinoplasty surgery.  Minas Constantinides, MD

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical Nose Job

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty is a great procedure in selected patients. However it is not a universal replacement for all nose appearances. I would not use Artefill anywhere but especially in the nose. That would be an irreversible mistake. 

ABSOLUTELY NO ARTEFILL IN YOUR NOSE!!!!

First off I have to warn you NOT to put Artefill in your nose! Ever! 

18 is better but 16 is fine if your parents agree but use Restylane not Artefill.  

More importantly see a good Plastic Surgeon who does lots of Rhinopalsties and do NOT let just anyone inject your nose with a filler.  You may not even be a candidate for a non surgical nose job despite what you may think.

Shervin Naderi, MD, FACS
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon