Non-Surgical Nose Job At 16, too Young?

Hi. I will be turning 16 in a few months. I've really put a lot of thought into this & I think I really want a non-surgical nose job. I've heard about it & it sounds great! I am planning on using the Artefill filler. I want permanent results. Also, I have an Aquiline ("hooked") nose. I want to remove the nose bump. Do you recommend that I get my non-surgical nose job now? Will it affect my facial growth, since I'm supposedly still growing? Or, should I wait until I'm 18? I really want it now.

Non-surgical rhinoplasty at 16 years old... Is Artefill OK?

+2

Non-surgical rhinoplasty (nose job) at 16 years old is fine, as long as your parent(s) are on board and you do not use any material that is permanent.  I have a fair experience with Artefill, but would never use it in the nose.  I prefer hyaluronic acid fillers (Restylane is my favorite) because they are easy to place very precisely and if they go into the wrong place they can be dissolved with hyaluronidase.  These tend to last at least one year in the nose... long enough for you to decide whether you want the real thing... Rhinoplasty surgery.  Minas Constantinides, MD

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical Nose Job

+2

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty is a great procedure in selected patients. However it is not a universal replacement for all nose appearances. I would not use Artefill anywhere but especially in the nose. That would be an irreversible mistake. 

Depending on your condition, 16 may not be too young for a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty procedure.

+2

I read your concern:

Your age is not the main concern for consideration of a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty. If your nasal bump is too large, fillers will not be helpful and could make your nose look larger. You may want to ask your question again with photos. A frontal and side photo would be helpful.

I have no personal experience with Arte-Fill, but I do not have a favorable opinion of this filler. You should make sure your doctor is experienced in the delicate art of using fillers in the nose, and you should make sure your doctor can manage any complications that could result from such a procedure.

In my practice, I prefer to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon