My left nostril is disproportionate to my right & is more noticeable in person. Should I get a Revision Rhinoplasty?

My left nostril is disproportionate to my right one and is more noticeable in person. It's been 11 months since my surgery and the swelling in my nostril has not gone down. I have an appointment with him in 2 weeks and I want him to fix it. Also, I asked for my nose to be shortened and he said that he would but it doesn't look like he did. He just broke my nose which caused it to lift but not shorten. Totally different. But I just want to know if this nostril being disproportionate is fixable?

Revision Rhinoplasty for Nostril Asymmetry

+1

Whether your should have a revision procedure to improve nostil and tip asymmetry  is a personal  decision you and your surgeon will have to make. Perfect nostril symmetry is rarely achieved, but reasonble expectations should be established before making a decision.

Nose disproportion

+1

It appears that your left nasal bone may have been moved in a little more then your right. The upper lateral or middle third is out and this creates a look of persistent swelling and asymmetry. Your tip has also been rotated and narrowed. This can be fixed but I caution you  not to expect perfect symmetry between the two sides.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nostril Disproportion

+1

Excellent question. Nostrils , in general are asymmetric and are very hard to even out. After looking at your pictures, the problem with your nostril position is not isolated, but it has to do with the overall shape of the cartilage on your tip. Your entire tip is uneven, and you have a collapse along the right nostril side wall (External valve collapse). The way the left tip cartilage was positioned, or the way it healed is causing your left nostril to "pull up". This is fixable, but your entire tip has to be repositioned, in order to correct your problem. This type of surgery requires a well experienced, not necesarily an older, rhinoplasty surgeon.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

You may be a candidate for a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty to lower the height of your nostrils.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your B+A photos:

Your post-op photo shows that your nostrils are a bit retracted with your left higher than your right. In my practice, this may be corrected with an Injectable Filler treatment: I prefer Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results. You may also have a slight indentation above your right nostril as compared to your left. This may be improved with Silikon-1000 as well. In my view, you should leave revision rhinoplasty as a last resort. If you're determined to proceed with a revision rhinoplasty procedure, you might benefit from an expert second opinion. Revision rhinoplasty is exponentially more difficult than a primary nose job, even for minor irregularities.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards from NJ.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon