Is my Body Rejecting the Silicone in my Nose?

I had a revision rhinoplasty last October and two months later I acquired this blob inside the left nostril. The doctor said it would go away. Nine months later I still have the blob and the other day a huge amount of puss squirted out of my nose. Now puss keeps coming out of it and it smells horrible. I contacted my doctor and he is telling me to take antibiotics for 3 days. Why is this happening? Do I have an infection? Does the silicone need to be removed?

Silicone nasal implant infection

+1

I agree with the others' responses that it sounds like your implant needs to be removed due to an infection. You should visit with your surgeon as soon as possible to have this checked out. If your original surgeon is not available you should see someone nearby who can assess the situation.

Implant infection

+1

Implant infection is what you are likely experiencing and antibiotics are probably not going to help - you should see your surgeon and remove the implant

Sam Naficy, MD

+1

Hi,

No your body is not rejecting the implant. The Implant is infected and needs to come out. If its left in the infection will continue to get worse.

Best.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS