What Sub-nasal Lip Lift Gives the Best Results?

Which lip lift gives best results, the one where they cut under the nose and take out some skin, or the one where they use nylon threads with the incisions being in the nose and mouth? Can either of these techniques also lift the corners of the mouth? Thank you.

Best sub nasal Lip Lift

+3

I like the "Bullhorn" incision under the nose. The beauty of it is that it can reshape the cupid's bow line of the lip.

If you use deep nylon sutures that bear the load of the closure, you can avoid scarring issues. Scars occur when the tension is at the incision itself. If you unload the tension, the scar will do well.
I have tried the nylon threads, the problem is that it looks great static, but it restricts lip motion when you move the lips side to side. Some patients find this objectionable.
The corners of the mouth can be lifted by a procedure called the "DAO release", Botox to the depressor anguli oris muscle, or a corner lift.

Lip Lift Procedures

+1

My procedure of choice is the upper lip lift, which utilizes the incision made right under the nose which then heals as a virtually undetectable scar. To be quite frank, I have never heard of the application of these threads, but if their experience is anything like that from prior uses of the threads, then likely it is not a great way to go.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip lift results

+1

Generally the bullhorn lift will give the best results but also has the greater risk of scarring. The thread lip lifts tend to be short lived. Neither of these will lift the corners of the mouth and this is best achieved with a corner lift.