Strenous Exercise and Sweating the Day After Vi Peel?

I am a runner and wondering if sweating on day 2 and after of the vi peel affects the effectiveness of the vi peel

You can sweat after the Vi Peel

+1

After you have washed off the peel, which should be at least 4 hours after application, there is no problem with exercise and sweating. Just be sure to moisturize frequently. I recommend at least 4 times a day after a Vi Peel.

Web reference: http://www.aglowdermatology.com

Strenous exercise and the Vi Peel

+1
If you perspire after your VI Peel it creates irritation on the surface of the just treated skin. The salty components of your sweat causes a burning on the surface of the skin, causing undo discomfort and chances for complications. After the initial 2 or 3 days following your VI Peel regular exercise that causes perspiration should be OK.
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Avoid sweating after ViPeel for first 2-3 days

+1
Heavy sweating for the first 2-3 days after your ViPeel can cause facial stinging and make the skin peel too soon. If you started running 2 days after the peel you'll most likely be fine. I'm assuming you don't have any risk factors that cause slow healing, such as being a smoker. Hope this helps. Take care.
Austin Dermatologist

VI peel

+1

VI peel is a great peal. There is no problem to go back to your normal daily activities after VI peels

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.