Why Cant You Sweat After the Vi Peel?

I run about 10 miles every other day. I had a vi peel 5 days ago. What is the issue with sweating?

Sweating after the VI Peel

+2

If you perspire after your VI Peel it creates irritation on the surface of the just treated skin.  The salty components of your sweat causes a burning on the surface of the skin, causing undo discomfort and chances for complications.  After the initial 2 or 3 days following your VI Peel regular exercise that causes perspiration should be OK.

Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sweat and VI Peel

+1

You don't want to exercise right after having a VI Peel because it can reactivate the peel and cause burning and itching to the skin.  It can also cause water blisters that form on the skin from sweating.  Patience will bring you a beautiful result so hang in there!

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Vi Peel and Sweating

+1

From my experience using the Vi Peel on patients, I have seen pockets of sweat develop in areas that were in the process of peeling. While unsightly, it did not affect the overall result of the Vi Peel.

Carlo Honrado, MD, FACS

Sweating after Vi Peel

+1

My understanding it that you want to avoid sweating until you wash the peel off--at least 4 hours after application. In part this is to keep the product on the skin as well as to avoid conact with the eyes. Make sure you moisturize aggresively. I tell my patients to apply the moisturizer at least 4 times a day after a Vi Peel. I don't restrict sweating otherwise and have never heard a complaint.

Dina D. Strachan, MD

Sweating after ViPeel

+1
Avoid heavy sweating the first 2-3 days after the peel. It can cause facial stinging and may cause your skin to peel too soon. You should be able to exercise after that with no problem.

Daniel J. Ladd Jr., DO
Austin Dermatologist

VI peel

+1

VI peel is probably one of the best peels I have used on my patients. There is no interferance with sweating once you peel completely