What Happens when You Stop Using Latisse?

What happens if you stop using Latisse after 4 months? Do you loose your eyelashes and have to wait for them to grow again? Do your eyelashes go to their original state? I have good eyelashes - would love to see them longer/darker so I don't have to wear mascara if I don't want to but don't want to risk losing them.

What happens if I stop Latisse?

+2

Latisse stimulates lashes.

The eyelash cycle is about 4 months.  If you were to stop cold turkey, the results will stop after 4 months, though you'd likely see the changes reversing much earlier.

It is a product which needs to be maintained to maintain the results.  If trying to save money, I would suggest spacing out the application to every other day or every third day.

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

You will lose the benefit over time, but should not lose all lashes

+2

Hi there-

All hair grows in 3 stages of a cycle (the hair cycle)... If you stop using Latisse, the new lashes that replace those lost each day will no longer be under the stimulus of Latisse and therefore will be the original length that your lashes naturally grow to. You should not experience complete loss of your eyelashes.

Latisse is a medication, and does have a few rare risks which you should discuss with your prescribing physician, but this is not one of them.

Enjoy your new lashes!

Discontinuing Latisse

+1

Once you discontinue using Latisse, your lashes will slowly go back to their original state. You won't lose your eyelashes, but they definitely will not be as thick, long, and full after a few weeks once you stop using Latisse.

Discontinuing Use of Latisse

+1

Latisse will make your eyelashes grow thicker, longer and darker over the course of treatment. If you stop using Latisse after four months, your eyelashes will not all fall out; just like any other hair, your eyelashes have a growth cycle so they will just slowly return to their normal state. If you want to extend the amount of time your Latisse lasts, you can start applying Latisse every other night after you have reached the desired length and fullness of lashes. “Dr. D”

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

What Happens when You Stop Using Latisse

+1

The eyelashes grow in a 4 month cycle so if you stop the product you will see a decrease in the amount and length of the hairs of the eyelashes.  Some patients will try to apply 3 times a week instead of daily to save on cost.  Also remember that you do not need to apply to the lower eyelashes just the upper eyelashes.

Web reference: http://www.drvitenas.com/skincare

Stopping Use of Latisse

+1
Latisse users can expect to experience longer, fuller, and darker eyelashes beginning at eight weeks, with full results present in 16 weeks. Continued use of Latisse is necessary to maintain long, thick, dark eyelashes, as discontinuation will gradually return eyelashes to their pretreatment appearance. You will not lose your eyelashes, but they will go back to their original state. 

Result Duration Latisse Eyelashes

+1

Latisse promotes the upper eyelashes to make them longer, darker, and thicker. Results are gradual to see improvement. Once stopping treatment, your lashes will eventually go back to where where they were before treatment.

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/med-spa/

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Your lashes will go back to your "normal" if you stop Latisse

+1

Latisse stimulates lashes to grow which makes them thicker, fuller and longer. When the treatment is stopped the effect lasts about one month. After that your lashes will gradually go back to how they were before treatment.

You should discuss this with your cosmetic physician, but stopping the medication should not be a problem.

Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.