In the State of Florida Do You Need a Medical License to Inject Botox?

Botox: Medical License? Absolutely

+1

A nurse practitioner and/or a physicians's assistant (PA) under the direct supervision of a Physician can inject Botox.  However, if If anyone without a medical license who does nor meet these requirements tells you that he/she is allowed to inject Botox, please report them to the Florida Board of Medicine and to Allergan (the company that manufactures and distributes Botox).  Florida has some of the most stringent regulations in the United States regarding scope of practice issues.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Who is qualified to inject Botulinum Toxin (Dysport or Botox)

+1

In any state you need a medical license to ORDER Botulinum Toxin (Dysport or Botox) , As to injection this can be performed by licensed medical professionals which tend to include physician's assitants, and licensed nurse practitioners.

Botox and licensure

+1

A medical license is requirted if you want to be a doctor.  I do not know the specific laws in Florida but in NY I think that a nurse or a PA can also inject under doctor supervision.

Medical License is required to practice medicine

+1

A valid and current medical license is required in Florida to practice medicine. Botox therapy would fall under this requirement.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Medical License to Inject Botox

+1

Botox is an FDA-approved prescription medicine that should be administered by medical professionals.

Each state has its unique regulations as to who may administer Botox, so you should check with the state health board of your state of interest.

Anifat Balogun, MD

In Florida, there are more strict regulations for Botox injections

+1

It's best to get your BOTOX from a Facial Plastic Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon, or Dermatologist.  In Florida, MD's, DO's, DMD's, PA's, and Nurse Practitioners can inject BOTOX.  Nurses can't inject BOTOX in Florida.  I believe that Podiatrists, and maybe even Pharmacists can also inject.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox should be injected by medical professionals only

+1

Every state has their own regulations for who can inject Botox.  In many states, Botox can be administered by nurses or doctors, but some states require that the only physicians inject Botox.  I believe in Florida nurses are allowed to inject Botox, but my advice is to make sure the person who is injecting is properly trained (I do all my own injections for my patients) and the physician associated with that practice is a plastic surgeon and not someone who just took a weekend course so they could offer Botox in their office.

Jason Brett Lichten, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon