Sedatives Before Dermal Fillers and Botox?

How Common is It to Take a Sedative Before Receiving Dermal Fillers and Botox?

You Don't Need Sedatives Before Getting Botox and Fillers.

+2

Doing good nerve blocks and using the Zimmer Chiller makes the injections for botox and fillers almost painless and so easy to go through that you don't need any sedatives.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Pain with botox and filler injections

+1

I have never prescribed sedatives to these patients. I have also had the procedures myself and did not find the pain to be that unbearable. For filler injection though I usually place nerve blocks to make the patient more comfortable especially for the nasolabial folds and when injecting sculptra for general cheek filling. After the first few injections in a session the first time patients are usually no longer anxious.

Aaron Stone, MD

Sedatives before fillers

+1

I can not recall a single patient of mine that has taken a sedative prior to a facial filler.  Usually topical is the most I have to give.

Sedatives prior to injectables and facial fillers

+1

In my practice this is rare and is only prescribed when patients have severe anxiety about the procedure. Typically, this is one out of 80 or 90 patients. Most patients tolerate the procedure with minor injection pain which is blunted by the topical anesthetic.

How Common is It to Take a Sedative Before Receiving Dermal Fillers and Botox?"

+1

Regarding: "Sedatives Before Dermal Fillers and Botox?
How Common is It to Take a Sedative Before Receiving Dermal Fillers and Botox
?"

People differ from one another in their anxiety levels and pain tolerance. The vast majority of patients do not ask for or require sedatives before undergoing dermal fillers or Botox.

If done properly, these procedures should be relatively painless and should not require sedation. This being said, if you strongly feel you would do better with a small dose of a sedative, ask your doctor.

Dr. Peter Aldea