What Options are there for Fixing Split Earlobe?

Earlobe split

Earlobe repair in Los Angeles

+1
Our office specializes in earlobe repair in Los Angeles. Earlobe repairs can be performed using layered sutures in order to reapproximate the torn skin. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Torn earlobe repair cost

+1

Repairing a torn earlobe that has resulted from an earring pulling through the earlobe is a straightforward procedure that can be done as an in-office procedure under local anesthesia.  The procedure involves removing the split tract of skin, and then repairing the edges precisely to achieve the best shape and contour.  Scar will typically fade significantly over weeks to months, and the scar is often barely noticable once fully healed and matured.  Repiercing can be done in six to eight weeks.

Dr. Skourtis

Mia E. Skourtis, MD

Split Earlobe Repair

+1

This is a relatively simple outpatient procedure that can be perfomed under local anesthesia. The split is excised and sutured together. The resulting scar is usually not very noticeable. The earlobe can be re-pierced after 6 weeks either just in front of, or just behind, the scar. The costs are not usually covered by insurance companies.

Kenneth P. Gilbert, MD

Fixing earlobes

+1

For split or elongated earlobes, a simple outpatient surgery does the trick.  It is done under local anesthesia in the office and you will have stitches for about one week.  We re-pierce the ear at the same time with a small stud post earring.  If the earlobe is just droopy, dermal fillers are a great way to get those earrings to face forward again rather than down.

Stacey Tull, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Surgery is the only option

+1

This is a simple operation that takes about thirty minutes and is done with just local anesthesia.  I make my patients wait thirty days before I re-pierce them.  Then in another two weeks they are back to wearing their own earrings.

Phillip C. Haeck, MD

Torn earlobe easily fixed

+1

A torn earlobe can be easily fixed under local anesthesia.  I have had patients do this during their lunch time and gone back to work.  I recommend waiting 6 weeks before the ear is pierced again

Michael Constantin Gartner, DO
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Fixing Split Earlobes?

+1
“Split” earlobes  can be easily reconstructed under local anesthesia with minimal risk and recovery time.  It is important to  re-approximate the curved earlobe  precisely to avoid step off or other visible deformity.  I would suggest a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Split Earlobe Repair

+1

Split earlobe repair is a simple office procedure done under local anesthesia. The healed edges of the skin along the splits are removed and sutured back together. I usually use dissolveable sutures so a return visit is not necessary. There is no real pain or swelling afterwards. One can re-pierce their ears six weeks after the procedure.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Split earlobe

+1
A split earlobe can be repaired under local anesthesia at an office visit. The skin around the split is removed and the fresh edges sutured together and allowed to heal. I always warn patients that if you repierce the same area, it can rip again. Stay away from heavy earrings and don't sleep in your earrings.

Nia Banks, MD, PhD
Washington Plastic Surgeon

Split ear lobe

+1

The options are

1: do nothing

2: repair under local anesthesia.

The results can vary depending how big is the hole, some are the size of a dime or bigger, these require major reconstruction.