What is the Price of Surgical Ear Piercing Reduction Caused from Heavy Earrings?

I have had my ears pierced since I was an infant. Over the years I began wearing heavy earrings and they stretched my earlobes out. The outer later of my skin is torn but the piercing hasn't stretched. How much would it be to surgically repair the torn skin of my earlobe. Where would I have to go to get it done? Do I need to inform my doctor of this procedure?

Earlobe repair cost

+1

The cost of repairing a torn or stretched earlobe varies considerably depending in the nature and complexity of the situation and also varies from doctor to doctor.  I personally believe that many doctors charge too much for this procedure considering it only takes about ten minutes a side.  I charge $250 to $350 per earlobe.

Torn ear lobe repair

+1

Torn earlobe repair is a relatively straight forward procedure.  The cost at our office in Atlanta is approximately $475.  I have attached a video for more information on this procedure.  

Earlobe repair

+1

It is certainly acceptable to undergo reduction of ear piercings in the earlobes.  This is performed under local anesthesia and takes approximately half an hour and the cost is $1,175 for one earlobe or $1,475 for both earlobes.  Most facial plastic surgeons perform this procedure and close stretched earring holes.

Ear lobe repair price

+1

Ear lobe repair is a fairly straightforward procedure to perform under local anesthesia alone, in the surgeon's office. Fees are therefore reasonable - usually 500-700 for one ear, or 1000 or so for both.

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Repair Torn Ear Lobes

+1

I would suggest checking with the American Society of plastic Surgeons for well-qualified plastic surgeons in your area.   During your consultation asked to see examples of the surgeons work.

Generally, earlobe  repair is a relatively simple procedure done under local anesthesia with minimal recovery. Costs vary from  practice to practice ($500-$1000  in our practice).

Earlobe Repair

+1

The cost of the procedure depends on multiple factors including the extent of the elongated earlobe, whether the edge of the earlobe is intact, etc.  The best thing to do is to consult with a board certified specialist who can best assist and guide you.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Torn ear lobe

+1

See a plastic surgeon (American Board of Plastic Surgery).

Torn ear lobe or partially torn can be repaired under local anesthesia.

Avarage price $ 750-1500