Spider Veins Under Eyes? (photo)

i am planing on having laser removal of those spider veins which i have under my eyes but i was wondering if it can be preformed at this area in the picture because i've seen that they put eye protecton and stuff so would it be dangerous to preform at this area? and how much does it cost for a few small spider veins removed? This is not me in the picture by the way Thanks for answering both my questions

Several options.

+1

Under eye veins can be treated by 4 methods-laser, microphlebectomy, sclerotherapy or micro needle radio frequency.  Which procedure is best would be determined by the size of the vein and the recommendation of your physician.  Whenever using laser around the eye, an eye protector should be used and the procedure is very safe.  The cost of the procedure varies with the type of vein, amount of veins and the physician performing the procedure.

Naples General Surgeon

Eye Vein Treatment

+1

We treat these veins with a long-pulsed Nd-YAG every day. It is not dangerous if the proper eye protection and technique is used. I would see a board-certified Dermatologist with laser experience to perform the treatment.

Web reference: http://www.gbkderm.com/medical-procedures/vein-treatments/cooltouch-varia/

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatment of under eye veins

+1

Under eye veins can be effectively removed and ligated with a small surgical procedure.  Lasers can be used, but one should be careful of the risk of pigmentation or skin damage.  Always pretreat your eyelid skin prior to treatment to reduce pigmentation.  In our office, we recommend Melarase cream. 

Web reference: http://www.surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/21/spider-veins.aspx

Laser for under eye veins

+1

Lasers- especially the long wave nd:yag laser work very well for blue under eye veins.  Because of the location, eye protection must be worn.  The key to safely performing the procedure is to angle the laser's handpiece away from the eye and pull down the area while treating so that we are treating below the orbital bone and not around the soft area of the eyelid.  Please consult with a dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has experience with using lasers in the this area.

Spider Vein Treatment Under the Eyes Low Risk with Eye Protection

+1

Sandra,

Eye protection is absolutely necessary and should be used. However there are several different types of eye protection that allows us access to this sensitive area.  Also there are different types of lasers and light devices that can be used to eliminate the vessels, but with all of them, the laser/light beam should be angled away for the eye and the skin pulled down so that treatment is done below the boney, orbital rim. 

Average cost at our office is $250 per treatment and depending on the diameter of the vessel you may need multiple treatments. 

Portland General Surgeon