Risks of Using Laser to Treat Under Eye Veins? (photo)

Hello Doctors, I have these eye bags with veins under them popping out from sneezing lot when I used to have my allergies, my dermatologist recommended to use laser on them. My questions are : 1) What's the risk of using this laser treatment as I'm only 18 ? 2) Are those veins useful to the face or eyes or just excess veins ? 3) What do you recommend doing about this ? P.S: He mentioned that the laser was called R with some numbers after it. Thanks in advance

Under eye veins

+1

While there may be no problems, ophthalmologists fear that even with an internal eye shield given the long wavelength (1064), your eye may not be protected. I would consult with an eye doctor before I do this procedure.

Eye Vein Treatment

+1

Hi XTM Guy.  Your eyes will be fine after this treatment.  We have treated the same veins you show in the picture before without a problem.  The only issue is that they often return after a period. 

While you are quite young, you also may want to consider Restylane under the eyes as the added volume can help hide blood vessels and get rid of the hollow undereye appearance.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/RestylaneInjectionsBeforeAfterPicturesPhotos.aspx

Laser treatment for veins around eyes

+1

The primary concern when treating veins around the eyes is to make sure there is no risk of eye injury from the laser beam.   Typically I will insert internal eyeshields into the eyes prior to commencing laser treatment.  There are other treatment techniques that I utilize to protect the eyes.  I typically use a long-pulsed Nd:YAG laser for blue veins around the eyes.  Treatment of veins around the eyes is a sophisticated procedure which should only be done by very experienced laser surgeons. 

Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon