Are spider veins caused by kenalog injections permanent? (photo)

My surgeon gave me kenalog injections to help with the hypertrophic scarring around my areolas. The scars flattened somewhat, but it spread to the surrounding skin and it is now very very thin and there are spider veins. It's been 6 months and there has been no improvement.

Are spider veins caused by kenalog injections permanent?

+1
You went for the "trade off" of correcting a scar with a steroidal injection to the thinning effect and capillary ingrowth from the steroid injection. Thus YES they are permanent... 

Spider veins and steroids

+1
Spider veins can develop for many reasons including from steroid treatment.  Spider veins can be treated with lasers to soften them a bit.  Good luck.

Spider veins

+1
In most cases spider veins (telangiectasias) will improve over time after Kenalog or other cortisone type injection.If they don't,you can consider a quick pulsed dye type laser or IPL for improvement.

Robert Savage, MD
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon