Ask a doctor

What steps should be taken if one believes they were injected with black market juvederm plus (silicone)? (Photo)

I believe I was given counterfeit product. I have now learned the price I paid for juvederm plus was much lower than it should've been (325/syringe). I have lumps and facial pain. Hyaluronidase with different dermatologists hasn't helped. After months of trying to get my medical records, I was given a product lot number for the "juvederm" which checked out okay. I believe my records were falsified.

Doctor Answers (2)

Counterfeit products

To investigate the authenticity of injectable filler, you can contact Allergan (the company that makes Juvederm), and have them investigate your case. They should have a record of your lot number and the purchaser. The FDA can also investigate these cases, but I think Allergan is a good start.

Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

Contact Allergan and discuss your concerns with them.

Contact Allergan and discuss your concerns with them. If you received a product that was not Juvederm the clinic will most likely be investigated. 


Martin Jugenburg, MD
Toronto Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 191 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.