Low Sodium Diet?

I had a tummy tuck with lipo on the 7th of December. And have been on a low sodium diet since then. For how long more do I need to be on a low sodium diet to avoid swelling etc? Your advice is apprecaited.

Low sodium diet after tummy tuck

+1

I would recommend continuing a low sodium diet for up to 6 weeks if you can tolerate it to minimize swelling and speed up the recovery process.  If you cheat one day it may slow the recovery a bit but it will not affect the long term result.  Good luck.

Low Sodium Diet After Tummy Tuck

+1

From a theoretical standpoint, a low sodium diet may reduce swelling after tummy tuck.  I am not sure how much fluid this is causing to shift, but this is reasonable.

Diet after Tummy Tuck?

+1

There is no specific “recommended diet” for the post-tummy tuck patient. A well-balanced diet with high fiber and a good protein source would obviously be helpful. Adding a protein shake ( to each meal) if necessary may also be helpful especially if your appetite is curtailed ( which often happens during this period). Frequent hydration is also important. Unless your plastic surgery recommends otherwise, I do not think a low sodium diet is necessarily beneficial.

Don't need low sodium diet after abdominoplasty.

+1

Hi

This is a new one on me.  You don't need any particular diet after a tummy tuck.  There isn't very much swelling.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Pistol low sodium diet

+1
In terms of the surgical recuperation, you should follow your docor's postop protocol. A low sodium diet cannot but help to be beneficial to your health!

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Low Sodium Diet?

+1

If you can, try a little more, because now is time of very big diet transgression and you need to care the results. 

Maria Cristina Picon, MD
Argentina Plastic Surgeon

Low Sodium Diet?

+1

Unless by personal history your legs swell on a regular diet, there is no reason you can't resume your regular diet.