Possible to Have Smooth Fat Transfer to Temples with Thin Caucasian Skin?

Is it possible to achieve a very natural and smooth result lumps and unregularities) for a fat graft to the temples when the skin is very thin? I am caucasian and have severe hollowness in both the temples and would like to fill them. My skin quality is good but as many caucasians in the 40´s I have thin skin, not much fat in my face and very little fat in the temples. My question is: Is it possible to achieve a very smooth result or should I go for an alternative procedure?

Fat grafting and hollow temples

Yes, fat grafting can improve this area but it is a difficult and challenging problem.  Even if the fat grafts are placed evenly, there is no guarantee of symmetrical and even "take" of the fat.  If some fat survives in one area but dies and resorbs in another area, you may get some contour irregularity.  Expecting an absolutely perfect result with fat grafting is unrealistic.  That is one of the problems with fat grafting. There is some inherent unpredictability. If you are paying for an elective cosmetic procedure, you expect predictable results. While fat grafting techniques have improve significantly, "a very smooth result" cannot be achieved 100% of the time.

2103 Crestmoor Road
Nashville, TN 37215

IMHO, you can't use the terms "smooth" and "fat transfer" in the same sentence.  Fat transfe is still injected in clumps using rather large needles and has the problem of unrelaibity as some will absorb.  Sculptra is the best solution for temple indentations, IMHO.  Performed as an office treatment, Sculptra will build up your body's own collagen and lasts up to 2 years.

8500 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

Fat grafting to temples

There are a few techniques in regards to method of injection and depth of injection which can result in a smooth contour despite thin skin.

Sam Naficy, MD

1110 112th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Fat grafting with thin skin

When done properly, fat grafting can reshape the face in a very natural way. We often fill the "temporal hollow" and have had excellent results. Equally important is how the fat is harvested for the fat grafting. If great care is not taken in processing the harvested fat, it can compromise the longevity of the grafted fat. I recommend you find an experienced plastic surgeon to perform your facial reshaping. Good luck.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

2080 Century Park East
Los Angeles, CA 90067

Fat transfer

Using good technique and a special blunt canula for injection , one can achieve a good smooth results.

If the skin is really very very thinThen one can use alternative methods to fill hollow areas.

10 East 31 Street
Baltimore, MD 21218