Why did I develop small hard cartilidge bumps on antihelix after otoplasty? (photos)

I had a Darwin's tubicle removed on one ear as well as slight otoplasty of the same ear to match adjacent ear, involving cartilage trimming, no pinning. The top part of my ear feels like all the cartilage has thickened and become stiff, as it's not bendy and delicate like the other ear. Several small hard bumps have developed on my antihelix as well as the helical rim where the Darwin's tubicle was and now has not got a nice smooth contour. I am concerned these cartilidge-like bumps may be CNH.

Edema Post Otoplasty

+1
Many Otoplasty patients experience what you are. The degree of swelling varies, as does scar tissue, based upon the technique employed, sutures used, your skin type, and overall health.
It can be difficult to stay patient. It can take several years  for all of the subtle changes to equalize.
Stay in touch with your surgeon and follow all post-op instructions. Communicate your fears.

Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

?cartilage bumps

+1
Of course, it is hard to say without examining you. There is complex interaction between the skin, cartilage and scar in an already complex three-dimensional area with minimal to no support on the very edge. All this can cause less than desireable/predictable changes sometimes. I don't know the time from your surgery, but if it has been 6-12 months, this is not likely to improve any more. I have successfully used filler to improve a poorly supported area of the rim.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD