Dog bite my one side of ear: Are there any side effects to using rib cartilage for reconstruction? (Photo)

last 6 months before my pet dog bite helix and Antihelix parts of my ear.if i will go for rib cartilage surgery for ear reconstruction .then can i go gym for exercise and do hard work in my daily life?also any side effect of rib cartilage surgery?and it was possible if i will reach hospital on time then doctor will joint both part together.

Dog bite my one side of ear: Are there any side effects to using rib cartilage for reconstruction?

+1
This is typically the best option for reconstruction of a defect like yours. It is possible that the ear could have been re-attached if treated immediately. However, that is not guaranteed to work and there is a decent chance that you would have lost some or all of that tissue even under the best of circumstances. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rib cartilage for ear reconstruction

+1
I think rob cartilage is the way to go, as you have lost a significant amount of your ear cartilage. If you were to join the edges your ear would be significantly smaller than your other ear. There is some pain and discomfort with rib cartilage harvest and there can be a chest depression. Functionally you will do fine in the long run. Be advised this is usually a two stage process, first to burry the cartilage under the skin and then lift it in a couple of weeks. Please clarify with your physician. 

Arthur N. Falk, MD
Albany Facial Plastic Surgeon