Can I go skydiving 7 months after Otoplasty?

Hi. I had otoplasty surgery done 7 months ago and was wondering if it would be ok to go skidiving? Will my ears pop back out from the air hitting them so fast? Will the sutures break? Thank you

Post op care after Otoplasty.

+1

You should be fine to go skydiving this far out from your otoplasty surgery, but you should verify with your plastic surgeon as he or she may have a different post-op protocol. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Activity 7 months After Otoplasty

+1
You should always be careful of doing anything where you can risk hitting/pulling on your ear.  7 months later, most of the ear is healed, but it is always better to be careful.  I do not see any problem sky diving as long as the ear is not at risk for being manipulated.  I tell my patients that if they do any type of physical activity where the ear is at risk for being moved around, then they should wear a headband to keep the ears snug to the head and protect them. It is easy to do and will give peace of mind.

Ultimately you should call your surgeon and ask them if he has any objection to it. Since they did your surgery, you should follow their advice.

Jacob D. Steiger, MD
Boca Raton Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
You should be fine to go skydiving 7 months after otoplasty.  Please confirm with your Plastic Surgeon, as he is guiding you through recovery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Vigorous activities after an otoplasty

+1
You should be fine for most physical activities 6 months after an otoplasty.  If you have any concerns ask your plastic surgeon.  

Otoplasty healing

+1
Dear erikgarcia,

• It would probably be a good idea to wear a headband, just in case
  • I would ask your surgeon to be safest
  • After 6 months, the results should be stable
  • Enjoy the freefall!

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD