Slim Lipo for C-section Pouch?

I had my baby about 14 months ago via c-section, and have lost all my pregnancy weight. I'm actually in great shape with about 20% body fat only, but I have a tiny trouble area which I have learned is the "c-section pouch". Liposuction would probably be too much for me since it's such a tiny spot and very localized,and I don't want saggy skin afterwards (i have no saggy skin now). Is Slim Lipo a good choice? Are there alternatives or different procedures??

Slim Lipo for body fat

+2

Although Slim Lipo is relatively new technology, it has proven to be quite effective in the right clinical situations. I would agree that liposuction of a small deposit of fat in what sounds like the area above your pubic bone may be more than you need. The Slim Lipo procedure can be performed under local anesthesia and is very good at addressing small pockets of fat and tightening the skin from where the fat was removed. It can also be used in larger deposits of fat but at 20% body fat for a female, that does not sound like what you are dealing with.

Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Slim Lipo after a baby

+1

this is a great question because it's very commonly asked.

It really is a small area above your C-section scar I'd say you can expect very good results.  Slim Lipo does a very nice job of lysing or melting fat while tightening the skin. It's not a gimmick or marketing scheme and should be used by experienced surgeons. Even though it may sound like it's not particularly invasive, and in many respects it is not, it should be used with caution because what is coming out of the end of that fiber optic truly is a laser melting fat in tightening dermis. That being said you should do well and even if you feel like you look better after month you may be surprised to find that you look better at three months and six months if you keep up your workout routine. I would not say that your skin would be perfectly smooth afterwards I would not expected to be particularly loose either. Of course the optimal plan may be Slim Lipo along with a mini tummy tuck. Both of these things can be performed under local anesthesia and have around 1 to 2 weeks worth of downtime when you add the surgical component.

I hope that was helpful.  Chase Lay MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Slim Lipo for c-section pouch

+1

Slim lipo should help the skin in that area. However, it certainly does not guarantee the entire pouch will go away since to some degree the pouch is created from scarring.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

SlimLipo can be used on small areas

+1
SlimLipo laser assisted liposuction is very useful for carefully removing small areas of fat in otherwise thin fit people.
However, the most common cause of a C-section pouch is contraction or tightening of the C-section scar which pulls upward, forcing the abdominal skin above the scar to fall over the scar forming a pouch.
If this is what has happened ot you then a revision of the scar-a simplified mini tummy tuch is the best solution. I have also had luck using the Non-ablative 1540 fractional erbium laser on the scar to soften and release the scar.
Slimlipo will not help the pouch if it is caused by contraction of the C-section scar.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS