What is Slim Lipo?

SlimLipo is more specific for fat melting

+6

Dear KC,

SlimLipo is a new laser liposuction technique that uses a new laser wavelength which specifically melts fat. SlimLipo uses a 924 laser which is 3-5 times more effective at melting fat than the 1064 laser or 1308 laser used in Smartlipo and Coolipo, the other laser liposuction lasers in common use.

The SlimLipo laser also has a 924/975 combination laser treatment that helps tighten skin during liposuction.

The new SlimLipo laser liposuction has been in use in my practice for a year and has been very effective. Because the SlimLipo laser melts the fat, removal is easier and surgical trauma during liposuction is less. I have also been very impressed with the skin tightening after SlimLipo laser liposuction.

See Before and After pictures of Slim Lipo Laser Liposuction.

Slim Lipo

+1

Slim Lipo is the most current technology in laser assisted liposuction. When you go in for this treatment you are getting traditional liposuction but with the added benefit of lipolysis ( or breakdown of fat)as well as skin tightening of the dermal layer with the laser itself. The laser has to different wavelengths that target both fat and the collagen of the dermis or the skin. So you the fat is removed more effectively and more evenly in the skin us tightened above. You get a better result than you would with traditional liposuction. The downtime is roughly a week in your healing process truthfully this several weeks in that you can expect your final result for several weeks to months. Don't be concerned though because you will be able to notice a difference within 2 to 4 weeks.

I hope that was helpful.  Chase Lay MD

Web reference: http://chaselaymd.com/SlimLipo_Jaw_Neck_Lift.php

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

What is SlimLipo

+1

SlimLipo is a laser liposuction device that helps to pre-melt the fat before it is sucked out and also to tighten the skin.  It has two patented wavelengths to achieve this: 924nm (targets fat cells) and 975 nm (targets skin and induces tightening).  I have recently brought device into my practice as it helps to enhance my liposuction cases and offers some borderline cases (e.g. mini tummy tuck vs Slimlipo) an alternative that has a much easier recovery and smaller incision.  The wavelengths in SmartLipo is 1064 nm and 1319 nm.  They tend to cause a little more collateral damage so a skin temperature prove is advocated during it's use to ensure the tissues are not becoming too hot.  

As with any technique, it is more important to know who your surgeon is rather than the brand of the device.  Both devices are heavily marketed to any MD or DO who is willing to take a weekend liposuction course.

SLIM LIPO very effective LASER BODY SCULPTURE

+1

SLIM LIPO, (Selective Laser Induced Melting) is a very effective and safe method of removing unwanted fat from stubborn areas with minimal pain, minimal downtime, and minimal bruising.  Unlike traditional liposuction that uses mechanical force to break down fat before the suction procedure, SLIM LIPO utilizes a Diode Laser that specilfically targets the fat cells only, leaving blood vessels, nerves, and fibrous connections between the skin and the muscle fascia, which allows less pain, less bruising, and excellent skin retraction! MOST PATIENTS GO BACK TO WORK THE NEXT DAY!!! In addition, the procedure is so gentle, it can be done under local anesthesia  with mild sedation.

Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

SLIMLipo is laser lipolysis directed at fat and skin

+1

SLIMLipo is the most advanced laser lipolysis system with technology that is specific to melting fat and also tightening the skin.  This is critical during liposuction as the "fatty" areas are a combination of excess fat AND skin.  If the skin is not removed, this additional skin may end up hanging, creating unwanted countours.  In a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty, the skin is actually excised and this is less of an issue.  The point of liposuction is to address smaller fat deposits, with minimal scars, and less down time. 

With the addition of SLIMLipo in my practice, I have been able to effectively perform liposculpture under local anesthesia with faster recovery and minimal down time.  This laser allows me to obtain excellent results without general anesthesia, minimzing the risk for DVT (bloood clots).    This is completely in-line with any advanced technology--to improve patient outcomes and safety!

Slim Lipo and Smart Lipo

+1

Slim Lipo and Smart liposuction are proprietary names for adjunctive laser lipolysis, in which laser energy is used to target fat deposits and shrink skin. The procedure to melt the fat is done with liposuction, rendering a smoother contour of the area. I use adjunctive liposuction, including VASER liposuction to acheive skin tightening and a smoother liposuction result.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.