How Long Do You Sit Still After Botox?

You don't have to sit still after botox injections anymore

+2

Botox techniques and amounts injected have changed over the years so now we have found that it doesn't make any difference what you do after getting your Botox shots.   

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

After Botox don't sit perfectly still, but do take it easy. No rubbing, no exercise.

+1
There is no need to sit perfectly still after Botox or Dysport, just as there is no need to keep your face frozen and avoid making expressions while it kicks in. Most rules about caution with Botox are meant to err on the side of safety, and few have been scientifically proven to make a difference, but we are still careful because if there is an unexpected outcome, we don't want to wonder if something was done to cause it. My rules after Botox are to avoid massaging or rubbing the area (no facials or full body massages with your face in a massage table ring), avoid lying down or doing handstands for 4 hours, and avoid exercise for the rest of the day, and very strenuous exercise for 24 hours.

I recommend allowing normal facial expressions (this may help the uptake of the Botox), normal strolling for regular life purposes, and looking forward to your results in 10 days to two weeks.

Jessica J. Krant, MD, MPH

Activity After Botox Treatment

+1
There is no need to sit still after your treatment, however it is important that you avoid strenuous physical activity for the rest of the day. 

Jerome Edelstein, MD

How Long Do You Sit Still After Botox?

+1
You dont have to sit still.
But it is advisable to avoid strenuous activity for 24 hours and avoid physically massaging the area where you had the Botox injection

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

How long do you sit still after Botox?

+1
 You do not have to sit still for any period of time after a Botox injection. It is important not to rub your forehead too aggressively and thereby massaging the Botox into the eyelid muscles. It's also important not to lay down for at least 4 hours after the injection.

Bruising after Botox injections

+1

Botox can migrate. Our office recommends Bruisestick ointment after Botox to reduce the risk of bruising and swelling after Botox. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

How long to sit after botox?

+1

I used to recommend not to lay flat for 4 hours, but studies now show this does not matter.   I do ask patients to refrain from heavy lifting or strenous exercise for 6-12 hours, as I feel this will minimize their risk or bruising at the injection site.

Paul S. Gill, MD

How Long Do You Sit Still After Botox

+1

Unlike several years ago studies have now shown that movement after Botox injection does not affect the Botox.  It is helpful not to rub the area as this may cause some unwanted diffusion of the Botox. It may also help to exercise the treated muscles so that the effect may occur sooner.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

No need to sit still after Botox or Dysport injections

+1

Used to be that we instruct patients not to lie down for 4-6 hours after injections. However, a recent study showed that body position does not matter. What matter are these instrutions:

1) Do not rub the injected areas. Since the injections are placed specific for different muscles, rubbing the areas will cause Botox to diffuse to surrounding muscles.

2) Do make facial expressions that involving the injected areas, which will help speed up the onset of results.

Isabel Zhu, MD, PhD
Boulder Dermatologist

Don't lay down for 4-6 hours after your Botox injections

+1

It’s suggested that you do not lay down for about 4 to 6 hours after your injections. But you should move your facial muscles to enhance the effectiveness of your treatment.

Bruce E. Katz, MD