Can Botox Correct Nose Crease?

Will Botox or another injectable filler correct a horizontal crease at the top of my nose (between my eyebrows)? It's NOT the 11 that most people are concerned with.

A horizontal crease, above your nose, is correctable with BOTOX along with Injectable Fillers.

+2

This horizontal crease between your eyebrows is almost impossible to completely eliminate.

I know that BOTOX is supposed to work wonders for this wrinkle (caused by the procerus muscle), but I have not found that to be the case. I might start with 25u BOTOX to rejuvenate the eyebrows, and then fill the line 1 - 2 weeks later after the BOTOX has taken effect.

I hope this is helpful for you.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fixing horizontal lines between the eyebrows

+2

Botox will work very well for these. Any doctor who is trained in using Botox should know that the procerus muscle is responsible for these lines.

However, in addition to muscle activity, sun damage and aging in general may make these lines deeply creased in the skin and fairly resistant to correction. The key is to keep Botox treatment on a consistent basis and occasionally you might need to add a filler injection.

Stella Desyatnikova, MD

Botox for horizontal crease on the upper nose

+2

The horizontal crease on the upper nose comes from the contraction of the procerus muscle. This can be injected with Botox at the same time as injecting the other glabellar frown muscles. If the line is deep enough and long standing, you might need fillers as suggested by Dr. Aldea in addition to the Botox.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Botox for horizontal lines on nose

+1

Botox is a muscle relaxer and works great on dynamic lines. It works very well on the vertical lines in the frown area but can also be injected for the horizontal lines at the base of the nose. It works great there too. Dr. Behnam.

Ben Behnam, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox, Wrinkle Treatment, Beverly Hills Botox, Los Angeles Botox

+1

I have used Botox in my practice for over 20 years.  Yes, Botox or Dysport can and is often used to soften the horizontal line at the very top of the nose.  There is a nasal muscle in this area of the nose, called the Procerus Muscle, that can be weakend using either Botox or Dysport.  The treatment takes a few minutes and would need to be repeated at 4-6 month intervals to maintain the desired effect.

Botox or Dysport treatment of creases or lines on the nose

+1

Botox or Dysport can be very helpful in eliminating the horizontal crease on the upper nose and the lines on the side of the nose or "bunny lines". These lines are caused by contractions of the procerus muscle. When the muscle contractions are relaxed by injections of botox, the lines are significantly improved. Very deep creases, especially those that have present for many years, may need injection of a filler such as Restylane or Juvederm in addition to the botox for a more satisfactory result.

Alison Stallings, MD
Tarrytown Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox or Dysport can treat nose creases

+1

That line you describe is caused by the procerus muscle, which can definitely be treated with Botox or Dysport. This muscle is usually treated at the same time as the ones that cause the "11s" (the corrugators).

Carmen Kavali, MD

Botox or fillers can be used for creases across nose bridge

+1

How do you treat creases along the bridge of the nose? I usually start off with Botox first to see if the line goes away because of animation. Sometimes the line is pretty deep causing a dermal depression. I will then fill it out with a small amount of a filler.

Erase nose wrinkles with botox

+1

Botox works very well for nose lines. It can erase both the transverse upper line[s], & the lines on the sides [bunny lines]. The whole procedure takes less than 5 minutes.

Khaled El-Hoshy, MD
Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon

Is Botox good for nose wrinkles?

+1

Hi Sue1949 - Botox or Dysport would probably be great for those lines.  If you need a filler, this can be placed simultaneously.  The Botox will last about 3 months, so if it works plan on repeating it.  The filler may last 6-12 months depending on the type of filler used. 

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD