I Have Chicken Pox Scars on my Face I Really Want to Remove Them Please Tell Me How to Remove Them? (photo)

Pox scars on your face

+1

can certainly be distressing.  Ice pick scars in general have to be excised while dish scars can be managed with laser or dermabration.  Fractional laser has been touted as another solution for scars but my experience in it is very limited.  In general, when I see patients with problems such as yours, we discuss how it may take several treatments and if fractional laser is used, I do have a very generous policy should it not produce any discernible results after 3-4 treatments.  Your skin pigment does increase your risks for pigment issues should you choose laser.

Options to treat chicken pox scars on face

+1

I believe the only way to remove the type of chicken pox scars you have on your face would be to do so surgically.  There are a few options as to what type of surgery to use.  If the scars are fairly small, then sometimes a punch graft can be used to improve them.  If they are larger, then sometimes a simple excision of the scar can lead to improvement.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon