Side Effects of Using Visine and Latisse?

Are There Any Side Effects of Using Visine with Latisse Product

Side Efects of Using Visine and Latisse

+1

I see no reason these two products cannot be used together. I would recommend, however, that you abstain from Visine  use 15 minutes prior to, and 15 minutes after, using Latisse.

Baltimore Ophthalmologist

Visine and Latisse

+1

There are probably no contraindications to using Visine and Latisse concurrently however most ophthalmologists would recommend against the prolonged use of any drop that "gets the red out".  It is OK to use Visine artificial tears or any other brand of artificial tears.  For topical medications, you may want to allow one medication to absorb for 5 to 10 minutes before instilling the second.

Keshini Parbhu, MD
Orlando Oculoplastic Surgeon

Visine and latisse

+1

Visine and latisse can both cause redness and irritation of the eyes.  If the products do not bother your eyes, go ahead and use them both.  However, use them at least 20 minutes apart.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Latisse and Visine

+1
There are no indications of using Latisse and Visine. I would suggest using the Latisse and letting it dry, which should be five minutes after application and then use Visine if needed. Most of my patients use Latisse prior to bedtime after washing their face and removing all of their makeup. Best regards and long lashes to you!

Michael Elam, MD

Using Visine and Latisse

+1

There are no contraindications to using both Visine and Latisse. To be safe, just use them at different times of the day.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Visine and Latisse

+1

Visine is an eyedrop that makes your blood vessels smaller, thus causing your eyes to appear less red.  Latisse can cause mild eye irritation and redness in some patients.  I do not recommend using Visine long-term with or without Latisse.  Over time it can cause changes in your blood vessels, that will always make your eyes seem red, even when you try to stop using Visine.  Instead, I recommend using preservative-free artificial tears, with or without Latisse for eye redness and irritation.  You can use those drops indefinitely and without side effects.

Michelle Crosby, MD, PhD
Encinitas Ophthalmologist

There is no problem using Latisse and Visine

+1

Visine is now a brand name that covers a whole line of eye drops.  Some "get the red out" while others are artificial tear, lubricating drops.  The good news is that any of these drops is fine with Latisse.  If you need to use both medications around the same time, I would use the Visine first, wait 5 minutes and then apply the Latisse. It is fine to also use the Visine at other times.  Hope this is helpful.

Marc Cohen, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon