Buttock Injection: Shots That Increase Butt Size?

Have you ever heard of shots that increase butt growth? Do you have an opinion on this?

Buttock injections

+2

The safest most effective way to enhance your butt with injections is the brazilian butt lift. This procedure requires liposuction from several area's of the body with that fat being transferred to you butt. It is highly effective and the results are more of a natural look versus an implant. I recommend you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in doing brazilian butt lift procedures. Best of luck.

Be careful with butt injections

+2

Hi there-

Buttock augmentation and reshaping is becoming more popular, and I do a large number of these procedures- either by grafting fatty tissue into the buttock after a liposuction procedure, lifting the buttock, placing an implant, or a combination of these techniques.

Injection of substances to increase buttock size has been performed in the past, but is not considered safe, as the substances injected (usually silicone) can lead to significant problems- you may have heard of the two women in the Tampa area who experienced kidney failure after having "hydrogel" injected into their buttocks.

The bottom line (no pun intended), is that there are excellent options available for achieving the buttock size and shape you want, but looking for a short cut may compromise your safety, and will definitely compromise your outcome.

Find a surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery who has experience in these procedures and discuss your goals with them. Your safety should come first.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Buttock Injection

+1
I would NOT have silicone injection or any other substances injected into your buttock that is not fat. That is a set-up for life long problems. Some people have these injections and are fine, but the people that have problems have them for life. Do not do silicone injections to your buttock.

The only injection that you should use to enhance your buttock is fat. Anything else would not be recommended. Patients have had tremendous results with the Brazilian Butt Lift (fat transfer to the buttock). This procedure allows your surgeon to shape your entire body.

With that said I would tell you that when it comes to your body, I would not choose your surgeon by who is the cheapest or have something injected just because it is easy. It is important to have several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons. Also make sure that your surgery is being performed in an accredited surgery center or hospital.

I would advise you to see a board certified plastic surgeon that performs a lot of fat transfer procedures. In my practice the Brazilian Butt Lift is one of the procedures where patient are extremely happy after surgery.

Buttock Injection: Shots That Increase Butt Size

+1

The only shot that will augment the butt is injection of fat into the area. Buttock implants have been tried but their complication rate is unacceptable in my opinion.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Butt Shots

+1

"Butt shots" is a generic term for injecting a filler substance in the buttocks for augmentation. They are very common in South America. They are also common but illegal in the United States. The typical practitioner that injects this in the US is a South American doctor or nurse (from my experience). They typically do it in their homes so that they will not get caught. The substance injected can be silicone or some type of "polymer". I have even heard of a "protein mix" being injected. Several patients that I have seen, have had this done. The common theme is that they are not told and have no idea what is being injected. When my patients have called back to find out what was injected, their calls were not answered. With this lack of regulation, one does not even know if the substance is sterile (a process to purify the substance so that it is free of contaminants). There is medical grade silicone but liquid silicone can also be bought at a hardware store. And the patient does not know the difference. That being said, this is a very risky procedure and should be discouraged. There is a high infection rate with this procedure, and I have seen several buttocks deformed by these infections. Further, it can be very difficult to remove this infected substance since it may be spread out throughout the buttocks. Often large incisions need to be made and the butt is commonly deformed beyond repair after these "clean-up" surgeries. The patients who don't get infected, might look good for a few years but the product causes severe scarring within the tissues that, over time, deforms the buttocks. And this is very difficult to correct. The product can also migrate to the thighs or adjacent tissues. Therefore, since this is not a controlled practice, I HIGHLY discourage any patient from getting this done.

This should be differentiated from the use of hyaluronic acids (like Restylane or Juvederm) for buttock augmentation. This has been tried with some success in South America. To my knowledge, it has not been used in the US due to the cost of using this product in high volume. So please contact a board-certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.

Moises Salama, MD

Buttock Augmentation Options

+1

Fillers for buttock augmentation pose two potential major problems: 1) cost prohibitive - if the surgeon is using an authentic medical grade filler than the cost for any significant result will be $150,000.00+ and 2) high rate of  complications - such as infection, movement/migration of the material, and/or hardening of the material.  Best to stick either two tried and true methods: 1) Fat Transfer, unfortunately only about 1 out of every 50 patients that I see have enough fat for this technique (because about 60+% melts away during the first year) or 2) Buttock Implants which can actually create a very predictable, permanent, safe, and satisfying results but only when done by a surgeon extremely experienced in the technique.  Make sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon whom does both procedures so that you receive a professional unbiased consultation.  Best of luck...RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD

Buttock Improvement with Injections

+1

Transferring your own fat to the buttocks is a very popular way to improve the size and shape of your buttocks through injections (and without artificial implants).  In addition, there is the added benefit of improved contour to the body due to liposuction of the area the fat is harvested from.

Theodore Diktaban, MD, FACS

Butt augmentation solutions

+1

There are numerous alternatives for fillers to be used to augment the butt but none has proven as good you autologous fat.  If done correctly the fat can be permanent and has a very safe profile.  The fat harvest can be done with liposuction to give you a better shape to your butt.

John Burns, MD

Buttock injection options

+1

The Brazilian Butt Lift (liposuction of your lower back, waist, abdomen, etc, and injection of this fat into your buttocks) is a SAFE, effective buttock augmentation technique. I STRONGLY suggest you avoid any alternative injections (I have seen men and women with liquid silicone injected into their buttocks with HORRIBLE results and complications, wounds, infections, etc).

If you're interested in buttock augmentation surgery, I suggest you visit with an experienced Board Certified PLASTIC SURGEON.

I hope that helps and wish you all the best!

James Knoetgen, III, MD
Fresno Plastic Surgeon